Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snickerdoodles


Yay for cookies! And not just any cookies - snickerdoodles! Just the name alone makes me smile. These cookies came about because I had a block of cream cheese in my refrigerator that was leftover from one of my cooking experiments last week. I really wanted to bake something with it, but I didn't want to make a cheesecake that would require me to buy even more cream cheese. Thankfully, I found the perfect snickerdoodle recipe and doubled it to use up the whole block of cream cheese.

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup butter
3 cups sugar

4 eggs

2 tsp vanilla 
extract
4 tsp cream of tartar

2 tsp baking soda
5 1/2 cups flour

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp cinnamon


Cream the cream cheese, butter, and sugar. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Mix in the vanilla, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Add the flour, mixing slowly just until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Mix the 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. After chilling the dough, roll tablespoon-sized balls in the cinnamon-sugar to coat the outside.

Place the cookie dough balls on the cookie sheet and bake at 400°F for 11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails