Friday, May 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Stout Brownies


I bought chocolate stout to use in another cupcake recipe, but I wanted to use it in a second recipe as well since I knew I wouldn't be drinking it by itself. I found this brownie recipe a while ago, and they came out even better than I thought they would!

The flavor of the stout is lost in all the chocolate and peanut butter flavors, but I think it helped give the brownies a perfect fudgy consistency. I absolutely love nuts in my brownies, so I added in some pecans and used extra crunchy peanut butter. You can tweak the recipe if nuts aren't your thing. Stay tuned for a cupcake recipe using more of the chocolate stout!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate
7 tbsp butter
3.4 oz chocolate stout
2 eggs
1 cup chopped pecans
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup extra crunchy peanut butter


Preheat oven to 320°F. Line an 8"x8" baking dish with foil and grease the foil.

Melt the semisweet chocolate and butter in a bowl using the microwave by heating the ingredients in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval. Set aside to cool.

In a mixing bowl, mix the cocoa powder, flour, and sugar together. Add the cooled melted chocolate-butter mixture, eggs, and chocolate stout. Stir just until combined. Add the chopped pecans and stir gently until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.

Place the peanut butter in a cup or small bowl and microwave for 15 seconds to make it easier to spread. Dollop the peanut butter on top of the brownie batter. Use a knife to marble the peanut butter into the brownie batter. Bake for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails