Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lemon Blackberry Bars


I am not very good at buying people Christmas presents. And when I say not very good, I mean that it stresses me out to attempt to buy people gifts they might actually like. So in order to stick to my strengths and still give my family something they want, I decided to give them a choice of anything they want me to bake/cook while I'm home for the holidays.

These blackberry lemon cheesecake bars are the choice of my father, who always asks me to make him lemon cheesecake without fail. I wanted to do something slightly different this time just to mix it up and not get bored making the same cheesecake for the fifth time, so I added some blackberries and put the cheesecake in bar form. This allowed for better storage in the refrigerator, as well as a different component to the flavor profile of the familiar cheesecake. Hope you enjoy it as much as my dad did!

Ingredients:
2 cups crushed graham crackers
¼ cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
16 oz cream cheese, softened
3 large eggs
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp grated lemon rind
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 pints fresh blackberries


Preheat oven to 300°F.

Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.

Beat cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk. Add lemon rind and juice, beating until blended.

Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish on top of the crust. Sprinkle the blackberries evenly on top of the cheesecake batter and push them down into the batter.

Bake for 1 hour or until almost set. Turn off oven, and let cake stand in oven 30 minutes. Remove cake to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Cover and chill 8 hours.

4 comments:

  1. oh goodness, those look amazing!
    thank you for sharing and with such great photos, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO good! My husband just asked me if I could make another variation of lemon bars and this might just be the answer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH!! Love your blog!! great pictures!!
    Now that is what I am talking about!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails