Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


This Christmas break did not leave much time for baking since I have only been home and had access to my kitchen for 1/3 of the time. It being Christmas and all, I had to try a new cookie recipe. So before my family headed off to Florida for a week, I baked these delicious peanut butter cup cookies.

I probably ate half of the cookies in the week we were in Florida, and trust me, it is not hard to do when you have cookies that taste this good. I would recommend these over my old peanut butter cookie recipe for sure. This is also a good way to use up any leftover peanut butter cups you have from the holidays.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
2 cups quartered mini peanut butter cups


Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet (or two) with parchment paper.

Using an electric mixer, cream together the peanut butter and butter until well mixed. Beat in the brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda until blended. Beat in the egg and vanilla until blended. Beat in the flour just until blended. Stir in the peanut butter cups carefully in order to not break them up too much.

Scoop out the batter onto the cookie sheet(s) and bake at 375°F for 6 minutes.

This higher temperature and lower baking time made my cookies stay moist and delicious for a week after I made them! Yum! I'm sure they would have lasted longer, but they were all eaten after a week.

3 comments:

  1. Love peanut butter cups and these cookies look fantastic! I can see why it is so hard to just eat one. ;)

    Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look fantastic! I love Reeses Peanut Butter Cups...love the idea of putting them into cookies. Definitely need to make these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these the other day and they turned out wonderfully! I sold them for a bake sale and they were gone in the blink of an eye. I used creamy peanut butter instead of chunky, and next time I think I'll cut the peanut butter cups into smaller pieces. Also, it took much longer than 6 minutes for them to be done... maybe there's something up with my oven. Great recipe, I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails