Saturday, July 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Ice Cream


I haven't busted out the ice cream maker in way too long. Now, this doesn't mean I haven't been eating ice cream...I have actually been consuming Blue Bell and popsicles non-stop because of the intense heat, but I have been too lazy to attempt the making of my own frozen treats. This ended today when I found a recipe for peanut butter ice cream. Now, I've never actually had peanut butter ice cream, but it sounds good in theory.

When the ice cream maker finished churning and I scooped out the creamy goodness into a container, I of course had to save a little bit on the spoon to try...

Oh my goodness.

I will keep making this for the rest of the summer (or until I gain 10 pounds)! This is seriously the best ice cream I have made yet. Next time, I'm going to substitute Nutella for the peanut butter and see how that comes out. Oh my gosh, imagine a scoop of Nutella and peanut butter ice cream side by side. Now that's ice cream heaven!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt


Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined.

Chill the mixture over night.

Pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream machine and churn until smooth and creamy.

Place in the freezer for about 4 hours before serving.

8 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos! This sounds hea-ven-ly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali! This ice cream is definitely divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this picture, looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this looks yummy! Must try this at some point this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget the sandwich. This is how I want my peanut butter from now on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your blog. Great recipe, pics, and writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made this ice cream and it was scrumptious. One question: It seems smoother and lighter than ice creams I've made in the past. How come?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails