Sunday, July 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Honey Brownies


This Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest recipe is from the competition in 2000. As soon as I saw the words "peanut butter" and "honey" used together, I knew I had to try this recipe. My mom used to make me peanut butter and honey sandwiches for lunch all the time, and I still love to make them every once in a while. As far as I'm concerned, adding chocolate into the flavor mix can only be good thing. I actually liked these brownies a bit more than the Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies because they had more of the brownie flavor and texture, but that's just me. So here is Pillsbury Bake-Off brownie recipe number two!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 (15.5 oz) pkg Fudge Supreme Chocolate Chunk Premium Brownie Mix
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 tablespoons water
1 egg
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened


Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8 or 9-inch square pan. I find that it's much easier to cut the brownies if you line the pan with greased aluminum foil. (This makes cleanup easier, as well!)

In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey and blend until smooth. Set aside.

In large bowl, combine the brownie mix, 1/4 cup butter, water and egg. Spread half of batter in the greased pan. Score batter into 16 squares. Using 1/4 cup of the peanut butter mixture, place scant measuring teaspoon mixture in center of each square. Carefully spread remaining brownie batter over top.

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool 45 minutes.

Spread the remaining peanut butter mixture over brownies.

In a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons butter. Cook over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Spoon and spread chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture on brownies. Cool 45 minutes or refrigerate until set. Cut into bars.

I actually ran out of chocolate chips and didn't want to use any more butter, so I just melted what I had in the microwave and put the melted chocolate in a small Ziploc bag. I then piped squiggles of chocolate all over the top. This way, you can see they yummy peanut butter and honey mixture without having to cut into the brownies!

8 comments:

  1. these look absolutely to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet heaven on Earth...I just saw these on FoodGawker and they look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos make my mouth water... They look heavenly !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you bleeping serious??? I think you might have just shown me the perfect brownie. I'm gonna make these tomorrow but in the meantime I'm lighting a candle in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, thanks Michael! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this just made me cry. Haha. I ran out of honey and it's 10 p.m. It saddens me that this will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm making these for my boyfriend for his birthday tomorrow. I'm sure he'll love them! Thanks for the awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowww - these brownies look divine!
    Stunning photos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails