Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mexican Chocolate Crunch Brownies


Alright, here is the third and final Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest brownie recipe! This recipe comes from the 2008 competition.

One of my all-time favorite cereals happens to be Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I eat way too much of it when I'm at college, but I actually haven't had any of it this whole summer. That all changed when I saw this recipe, which uses a whole box of my beloved cereal! My dad took a sample of these brownies once they had cooled, and he proclaimed that they are the best brownies he has ever had. So if you want to make my dad's new favorite brownies, just follow the simple instructions below!

Ingredients:
1 box (12.8 oz) Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 box (19.5 oz) fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp cinnamon-sugar (3 tbsp sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon)


Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan. I find that it's much easier to cut the brownies if you line the pan with greased aluminum foil. (This makes cleanup easier, as well!)

Place all the cereal in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed. You could also place the cereal in a large resealable food-storage plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.

In a large bowl, stir the butter and corn syrup until well blended. Add the crushed cereal and mix thoroughly. Press the mixture evenly in pan.

In a large bowl, make the brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and eggs and adding cinnamon. Stir in 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour the brownie batter over the cereal mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips evenly over the batter. Bake for 20 minutes.

Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar evenly over the partially-baked brownies. Bake 14 to 18 minutes longer or until brownies are set when lightly touched in center. Cool and cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.

9 comments:

  1. holy smokes these look and sounds amazing! I love chocolate and cinnamon together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds amazingly AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! love the cinnamon toast crunch cereal crust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These HAVE to be amazing. I love the Cinnamon Toast Crunch crust!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look really good, but I'd have to use Cinnamon Toasters...since I work there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the kick of spice in Mexican chocolate cake. So, I'm sure these brownies are fab. I've had the pleasure of judging the dessert category at the Pillsbury Bake-Off twice. Too bad I didn't get to do so the year these treats were entered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, these look incredibly good. I really like the mixture of textures in this brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just seeing this post now... almost a year later. thanks for trying them and the nice review. glad you liked them!!

    valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How have I never thought to use Cinnamon Toast Crunch for a crust??? This sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails