Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip "Crack" Cookies


I love getting tried and true recipes from people because I know they will always be fantastic, and I was lucky enough to get a delicious cookies recipe from my friend, Nell. She says that one of her friends calls these cookies "Crack Cookies", and I can now see why. I think I ate at least 10 of them today. I've never made cookies with pudding before, but I really like the cake-like, moist texture it gives the cookies.

Caution: These cookies are dangerous and should only be made if you are willing to eat at least half a dozen per day. Make at your own risk.

(Oh, and I would definitely recommend adding 2 tsp of cinnamon for an added kick. I will make sure to do this next time I make these treats.)

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups quaker oats
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla pudding


Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars.

Add in the eggs and vanilla beat until well mixed.

Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then mix in the Quaker oats and chocolate chips. Finally, add the pudding and mix until combined.

Drop a heaping tablespoonful of batter onto the cookie sheets for each cookie.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies begin to brown around the edges.

13 comments:

  1. They're also great a few days later. The pudding really helps keep them moist and DELICIOUS!
    -Nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks SO good! i can't wait to make them soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you present your photos!

    These look seriously amazing. I could use some non-narcotic crack in my life :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle: I hope you do - you won't be disappointed! Btw, I love your blog as much as I love these cookies. :)

    Joanne: Thank you! And yes, I think everyone could use some non-narcotic crack. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made the batter, can't wait to pop these bad boys in the oven after dinner tonight! Thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Great process photos and fantastic presentation! YUM! I'm bookmarking this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much, Memoria!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seriously been DYING to find a recipe that would use up some leftover pudding cups in our fridge!!! I am making these soon--thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious! Do you think they would still be okay if I added some peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think adding 1/2 cup peanut butter would be just fine. If they turn out weird, maybe the peanut butter should substitute a 1/2 cup of the pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just whipped up batch! I hope they are as good as they look! Will for sure keep this cookie recipe! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello I was just wondering if I could use a package of pudding mix, and not the premixed packaged containers for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unfortunately, that would not work since the pudding mix does not have the moisture that actual pudding has. You could make the pudding using the mix and add it in then!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails