Sunday, June 27, 2010

Key Lime Pie


Key lime pie is a classic dessert, and I cannot believe how easy it is to make! Just 6 ingredients and only 8 minutes of baking? Why have I not made this before? Probably because it is so hard to find key lime juice at the grocery store. Luckily, I found it this summer!

Originally, my dad wanted me to make this pie so I could take it to the office to share. However, this pie turned out so delicious that he told me we are no longer taking it to the office...It is staying at home to be consumed by just us!

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tbsp butter, melted
3 large egg yolks
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp grated key lime rind
1/2 cup fresh key lime juice


Preheat your oven to 350°F.

For the crust, place the graham cracker crumbs in a bowl and add the butter. Mix to combine. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan (I actually used a spring form pan). Bake for 8 minutes and let cool.

Beat the yolks until thick. Beat in the milk, lime rind and juice. Pour into the prebaked pie shell and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. To serve, you can add some whipped cream to the top if you like.

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I will be making it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Key lime pie is so delicious and simple. I'd love to try this in mini form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had key lime pie but it sounds absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails