Monday, June 7, 2010

Chewy Chocolate Cookies


After returning from my vacation to the lovely Florida beaches, I realized that all my cookies I made last week had been eaten while out of town. Oh no! Since I cannot function without cookies in my system, it was time to make some more. But there were two things stopping me from making one of my usual go-to cookie recipes. 1) No butter was in my refrigerator. 2) It was raining outside and I was too lazy to drive to the store. So what's a cookie addict to do?

I consulted my favorite baking book and came across a recipe which needs no butter, and it created a chocolate cookie. Perfect! Oh my goodness these are more than perfect. They are heavenly.

Let me tell you that these cookies are AMAZING! They are definitely best when eaten ten minutes out of the oven when the insides are still really gooey, but they are still delicious when kept a couple of days. I have a feeling I will be making these all summer. I hope you will, too!

Ingredients:

4 egg whites
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup dark chocolate chips


Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until barely frothy. Beat in the sugar, cocoa powder, and flour until the mixture thickens.

Add in the nuts and chocolate chips and beat until mixed.

Drop a heaping tablespoonful of batter onto the parchment paper for each cookie and leave a couple inches in between each cookie since they will spread.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until the top is cracked and firm, but the inside is still moist and gooey.

3 comments:

  1. These look so good! I definitely need to try this recipe; my mom hates butter so this would be just perfect for her :D

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies are to die for. So genius....My kids and all their friends loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you and your family and friends enjoyed these, Roxy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails