Sunday, May 30, 2010

White Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies


I have been craving cookies for so long, and I finally had time to make them before heading off to my brother's high school graduation ceremony. However, I didn't have time to run to the store, and I didn't exactly have the typical cookie ingredients. I pulled out an old bag of butterscotch chips, some white chocolate chips, and some pecans. There was about half a cup of each, so what the heck? Just dumping them into a basic cookie recipe should do the trick, right?.

Oh boy, it sure did. I'm not even a big fan of butterscotch and I love this cookie. The butterscotch flavor is the strongest, but the white chocolate makes the cookie creamy, and the pecans add a slight nutty taste and texture. I think I used too much baking powder in mine, but I have fixed the amount in the recipe below. Hope you enjoy my weird cookie recipe!

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until mixed well.

Add flour and baking powder, mixing just until incorporated.

Add white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and nuts and pecans and mix in.

Scoop out enough dough to form a 1 inch ball, and place 12 of these dough balls onto each cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the outside. (I think these are better slightly undercooked.)

2 comments:

  1. Did you actually use regular semisweet chocolate chips in the recipe? You don't mention them after the fact and I'm not seeing them in the final product! Let me know, I'm itching to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I didn't - thanks for the catch! I took the semisweets out of the ingredients list for no further confusion. I hope you enjoy these cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails