Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins

For a week, there has been no food in our house. My brother and I have been living on cereal and left-over raspberry lemon coconut cake. Healthy, right? We finally went to the grocery store today, and my brother picks up a pack of chocolate chip muffins. As soon as he puts the muffins in our basket, I pick them up, hand them back to him, and tell him that I'll make him some real chocolate chip muffins.

So to keep my promise, I immediately got out one of my cookbooks and found a perfectly simple recipe. An hour later, a dozen delicious chocolate chip muffins were ready for my brother to devour. He was my hand model for most of these shots, so I thought I would reward him with a muffin right out of the oven. After eating just one, he said he will no longer buy muffins at the store. Score one for home baking! :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips



Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease 10-12 muffins cups or use paper liners.

With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.

Sift together the flour and baking powder. Fold into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk.

Divide half the mixture between the muffin cups. Sprinkle several chocolate chips on top, then cover with a spoonful of the batter. If you're like me and want more chocolate, sprinkle chocolate chips on top as well!

Bake until lightly colored, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before unmolding.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, the chocolate is so gooey! Looks absolutely delicious. Great job!! Definitely my kind of dessert. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Sophia
    www.chewonthatblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks delicious. wonderful photography! i like how you did it step-by-step

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question! The recipe says to beat in eggs one at a time, but there aren't any eggs in the ingredients list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answer! It says "2 eggs, at room temperature" in the ingredients list above all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I have a question: Can I replace the cake flour with all purpose and add B.K powder? What is exactly the cake flour difference?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Roxy, this is what I found online. The substitution ratio is 1 cup cake flour = 3/4 cup AP flour + 2 tbsp cornstarch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails