Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Russian Tea Cakes

If you are not into eating balls of butter and sugar, this cookie is probably not for you. But if you are like me and love everything containing butter and sugar, russian tea cakes will be your new best friends. Just don't breath in too deeply before popping these into your mouth or you may choke on some extra powdered sugar. Trust me, it's not so funny when it happens to you.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add flour and salt and nuts. Chill dough. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes until set but not brown. While warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool. Roll in powdered sugar again. Makes 4 dozen.


3 comments:

  1. These sound so tasty! What type of nuts do you normally use, walnuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually use pecans because I think they have more flavor. Well, and because I have way too many pecans and need to use them whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these cookies.. i make them every Christmas with my mother and her best friend. and i can honestly they say that,that is part of what makes my holiday season so special..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails