Friday, December 25, 2009

Ginger Cookies

Christmas break is here, and I can finally do some baking since I have a kitchen! My mom and I always crank out tons of Christmas cookies, so brace yourself for a few delicious cookie recipes that are sure to get you in the Christmas spirit. These ginger cookies (or "gingies") are my mom's favorites!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
4 cups flour
1 tbsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Cream the first 4 ingredients. Add the dry ingredients. Roll into balls and roll in sugar.


Bake 8-10 minutes. Makes 8 dozen!

5 comments:

  1. Christmas in july - I love it! I just bought Martha`a Stewarts Cookies and wanted to try some delicious cookies :) These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I was wondering how long these store for? I'm planning on making them for Christmas.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say they're good up to a week, but they are the best within the 1st 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, are these cookies chewy or crispy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say they are more chewy than crispy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails