Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lemon Cheesecake

I made this cheesecake right before I left to go back to college. It is one of my favorite cheesecakes of all time, and I wanted to make it right before I left so that I could leave home on a high note. Unfortunately, school is going to be starting up this Thursday and my time for baking will be basically non-existant. I'm not sure when I'm going to get the chance to make something new, so this blog will be on hiatus for a while. In the meantime, enjoy this amazing recipe!

Ingredients:
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1 cup finely chopped pecans
¼ cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
16 oz cream cheese, softened
3 large eggs
14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp grated lemon rind
¼ cup fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 300 F.

Finely crush graham crackers and finely chop pecans.

Stir together first 4 ingredients.

Press mixture in bottom and 2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 9" springform pan.

Beat cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.

Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended.

Gradually add sweetened condensed milk.

Add lemon rind and juice, beating until blended.

Pour into prepared crust.

Bake for 1 hour or until almost set. Turn off oven, and let cake stand in oven 30 minutes. Remove cake to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Cover and chill 8 hours.

2 comments:

  1. omg i think i just died and went to heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Your dessert look fantastic and I'm sure they taste amazing.... I am going to make the blueberry bread as soon as I can get to the store! I also LOVE the photographs.... they are all totally frame worthy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails