Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Berry Frozen Yogurt

I just got back from visiting my boyfriend in Colorado, and the heat hit me even harder coming back than I had expected. I quickly decided that another recipe for frozen deliciousness was in order. With bags of frozen blueberries in my freezer and a container of soon to be expired yogurt, I thought that blueberry frozen yogurt would be the perfect venture. I had no recipes in my cookbooks, so I hopped online and quickly found a recipe from 17andbaking.com. You can use any frozen berries you want for this recipe, so go grab some from your freezer and start churning some delicious frozen yogurt!

Ingredients:
16 oz (about 4 cups) frozen berries
5 tbsp sugar
4 cups nonfat plain yogurt, chilled
6 tbsp sugar

In a medium saucepan, combine the berries and the 5 tbsp of sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until berries are broken down and a syrup forms.

For a smoother frozen yogurt, puree the berries and juices in a food processor or blender.

Strain out any seeds and let berries cool to room temperature.

Combine the berry puree with the 6 tbsp of sugar and the yogurt, straight from the fridge.

Chill until the whole mixture is cool, then churn in an ice cream maker.

Store in an airtight container and keep in the freezer.

4 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and I will be back. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmmmmm berryyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the recipe :) i recently bought myself an ice cream maker and can't wait to make frozen yogurt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails