Friday, July 24, 2009

Peanut Butter Blondies

Just when I thought I was safe, that peanut butter craving started to hit once again. With a bag of cookies already sitting on the counter, I knew that another batch of cookies just wouldn't cut it. I had to venture into unknown peanut butter territory this time. So, what about peanut butter brownies? Oh ho. No, peanut butter blondies. With a new photography light at my disposal, I have even more photos to share.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter chips

frosting:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 325 F and grease a 13"x9" baking pan.

In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, and sugars.

Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Add the flour and baking powder to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.

Stir in chips. (I used chocoalte chips since that's all I had on hand.)

Spread into the greased baking dish.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla.

Grandually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.

Frost brownies. Sprinkle with chips if desired. Cut into bars.

9 comments:

  1. Yum! I just made them and they look picture perfect. Can't wait to try them! :) Thanks for the tasty PB/Choc post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! I hope you like eating them as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy,
    I haven't seen many bars that I think "I gotta copy down that recipe," but I am definitely going to grab this one! Gorgeous bars!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    yummmy
    nice job! cant wait to try them.
    the pictuers are Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, so I tried this recipe and mine turned out REALLY moist...any ideas what I did wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If they are too moist, you might have not cooked them long enough. I would try adding 5-10 minutes to the bake time and see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes people confuse melted butter with softened butter, that may be a reason why your bars are overly moist.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails