Saturday, June 20, 2009

White Chocolate Cran-Orange Cookies

My family had dinner tonight with an amazing family I have known my whole life, and it was our job to bring guacamole and dessert. My mom put a bag of pre-made cookie mix into my hands and asked me to bake them for the meal. My face fell as I realized I wasn't going to make them from scratch. But let me tell you, these are THE BEST cookies I have had in a really long time. Since mine were from a pre-made mix, I have provided a recipe that is almost exactly the same. Simply the mix of these flavors is fantastic!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
zest of one large orange (about 1 tbsp)
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4/ cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F and line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar, beating with an electric mixer until light.

Beat in eggs and orange zest. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add in the flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring only until just combined.

Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tbspfuls onto prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 9-12 minutes, just until the edges are golden brown.

Cool for 3-4 mintues and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try these. I too was given a bagged mix and loved them. Thanks for saving me the trouble of locating a recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails