Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lemon Grapefruit Sorbet

Holy crap. I just looked at the thermometer that shows the temperature outside, and it reads 106.2. It is like a freaking oven outside, which is why I didn't use the oven today and busted out the ice cream maker instead. I wanted to make lemon sorbet, but I only had 3 lemons, so I used both lemon and grapefruit juice. This combination of necessity created my favorite sorbet I have ever made! Oh my goodness, it is delicious!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup sugar (if you prefer a sweeter sorbet, increase the sugar to 1 1/4 cups)
3 lemons, juiced
1 grapefruit, juiced

In a medium saucepan, combine the water and the sugar. Heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat, then chill thoroughly in the refrigerator. Stir the lemon and grapefruit juice (1 cup total) into the chilled sugar syrup, then freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails