Monday, June 22, 2009

Choco-Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chipsters

For the past week, I've had a constant craving for peanut butter. It must have come about because of the sick and wrong anti-sugar kick my family is on. At least they still let me bake, but most of my creations are now taken to my parents' offices. I have to steal a portion of all my sugary treats to keep for myself before they jack everything out of the kitchen. Needless to say, my baking is the only way sugar is being put into my body, and I don't think I could go on without it. So to satisfy my need for sugar and craving for peanut butter, I made these delicious cookies. They sure hit the spot.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F and line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes, until very creamy.

Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and mix for 30 seconds.

Add the dry ingredients, mixing just until the ingredients are incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop rounded tbsp of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.

Bake 13-15 minutes, or until the cookies are firm around the edges.

Allow the cookies to cool slightly before placing them on wire racks to cool. The cookies can be stored in airtight containers for 4 days or sealed and frozen for up to 1 month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails